Closet cleared out & now the fun part – building new wardrobe! I am a lucky girl in that @ home I have my office/ TV room & attached is a little piece of heaven my dressing / spa area. (pictures on my Instagram) Here is where I get to let my creativity shine! Play with all my things mix and match… take pictures – try new products – dress up – paint etc… So it is the perfect spot to really see what works on me and what doesn’t. As time goes on – obviously what I wore 10 years ago mostly doesn’t work …yet i want to stay trendy, confident & sexy. By now we know our bodies & hopefully making piece with it ( work in progress for me – LOL ).
I am petite only 5″3 so this requires specific tricks key word… tailoring! However I feel tailoring is key for all women – as our bodies change we want to highlight our positives. It can be the success or failure to your look. Having a trusted tailor is a must at my age quite frankly. It can make an inexpensive TJMAXX find look designer. As well as that great piece you acquire fit like a glove.
So what i do is tuck, trim, cut and alter a large portion of my wardrobe, including jeans, dresses, T-shirts… You get the idea.
Below are some Spring/Summer things I just added to my newly cleaned closet – I went to Lord & Taylor and stumbled across a great sale. Good pieces that don’t break the bank. Yet fit my age and body type – This is the start of my “short list” of wardrobe essentials… classics with a modern twist. ( gonna skip the LBD white shirt etc… goes w/out saying) –
PS.I’d love to hear what your “GOTO” pieces are
- Trench coat – 1black / 1 tan http://www.lordandtaylor.com/fs/double-breasted-belted-trench-coat.shtml Wonderful deals today!!!!!
- Dark dress jeans – slight boot cut – dress up or down
- Shirtdress – white / black/ chambray – perfect casual sexines
- Fitted denim jacket – perfect for all ages / seasons
- White jeans – http://www.victoriassecret.com/clothing/?ProductID=91078
- Wrap dress – different colors Black of course but ck out MUST of week – just ordered it – color is fantastic
More pieces to come – check back later today for a great @home facial mask – that De-Puff’s , exfoliates, and makes you glow – Hint – Do right after your morning coffee….