SKINNY PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE
Recipe type: Snack/Dessert
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ½ medium banana
- ½ cup crushed ice
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt (or greek vanilla yogurt)
- 1½ cups fat free milk OR coconut milk
- Add pineapple, banana, yogurt and ice to blender. Add 1 cup of the milk. Pulse until mixture is smooth. Add more milk about ¼ cup at a time until desired consistency is reached (I wanted to be able to slurp mine with a straw and it ended up being about 1½ cups of milk). Pour into a glass and drink up!
***DAIRY FREE OPTION: use coconut milk and leave out the yogurt.
THAI SALMON TACOS
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 to 1½ pounds salmon (or 4 medium/6-ounce salmon fillets)
- 1 cup sweet Thai chili sauce (you can find this in the Asian section at most grocery stores)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- optional: ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage or cole slaw (without dressing)
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 8 taco-sized soft tortillas
- lime wedges
- Combine sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, and (optional) ginger in a bowl and whisk til smooth and well mixed. Reserve half of the sauce and set it aside.
- Add salmon fillets to the bowl with ½ of the sauce and toss to coat well. (If desired, you may marinate this for 30 minutes – overnight, but marinating is not necessary)
- Cook the salmon either on a nonstick skillet for 4-6 minutes on each side, or in the oven turned to broil for the same amount of time. Cook until fillets are pink and easily flake with a fork.
- Assemble tacos with cabbage (or cole slaw), mango slices, salmon, and top with remaining reserved sauce and drizzle with fresh lime juice. Serve immediately
CABBAGE ROLL SOUP
PREP TIME 20 MIN
COOK TIME 40 MIN
TOTAL TIME 1 HOUR
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb ground Ground Turkey
- 3/4 cup uncooked Basmati rice
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped (core removed)
- 3 tablespoons flour (omit for gluten free)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 1/2 cups V8 or other vegetable juice low sodium
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (add sodium too)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, brown onion, garlic, turkey.
- Stir in chopped cabbage and let cook until slightly softened (about 3 minutes). Sprinkle flour into cabbage mixture and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and reduced heat to medium low. Cover and simmer on low until rice is fully cooked (about 25-30 minutes)
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
If you prefer a thinner soup, add more veggie broth to reach desired consistency once rice is cooked.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY,