Happy Wednesday All, I want to share with you a new DIY lactic acid face mask I do at home for pennies on the dollar! This is new in my lineup as one of the many face masks I make at home.
DIY @HOME LACTIC ACID FACE MASK
DIY Natural Lactic Acid Mask (Powdered milk is a natural source of lactic acid and when applied to the skin it is very effective in smoothing, toning and tightening the skin. Great for people with large pores! When paired with apple cider -- a natural alpha hydroxy acid -- the results are pretty amazing)
- 1 tbs Powdered Milk - I used Bob Red Mill Milk Powder Premium
- Organic Apple cider Vinegar start off with teaspoon adding more until you have a smooth paste - may add more powdered milk vise vera until just right
Mix until paste - smooth over clean dry gace with bursh or finger tips. Leave on for 12 - 20 minutes. Remove with warm wash cloth and warm water. Follow with moisturizer and sunscreen if your going outside soon.
Note: My face got hot and red I was surprised. Because I'm all about acids and exfoliants - but it was HOT Mamma! Went down after about 30 minutes - so be warnned do at night before bed or when your not in a rush just to check how your skin reacts. As always - this is just what I did check with your doctor or dermatologist prior if concerned.
This mask instantly tightens my skin, gives me a good “glow.” Cant wait to try it out on Mike – he’s been loving all the TLC lately with all the facials, foot soaks etc. and being my guinea pig. He says he now understand all my drawers full of things – it takes some work and appreciates what I do for my skin…. Awe sweet ( really think he just wants more spa stuff done to him ) If you try this out please share with me your thoughts – HUGS to you all!
Now the after – forgive the goofy selfie – but loving my skin – no filter – no retouch just sunshine and good clean living!
What Makeup I used today
- Clinique 3step am & pm wash , toner, moisture
- Maybelline NY Master Prime Blur + Illuminate with SPF 30 ( new really liking this for mature skin – bit illuminating too – no disco ball!
- Clinique Super City Block 40 (right next to my eyes too – no traveling)
- Mix a little Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation #5.25 and drop of Tarte Amazonian clay full coverage foundation mix blend
- MAC allover Mineralize skinfinish in Med. Golden
- MAC blush Rosy Outlook
- Two Faced Chocolate Soleil med/deep matte pwdr sides of nose and jawline
- Maybelline Dk blonde brow pencil for eye & lip liner
- Clinique high lengths mascara – black – always black
- Buxom Full on lipstick in “Athens”
- Buxom Plumpline lip liner “Stealth” mix both and fill in Gloss on top
- MAC Studio Fix Prep + Prime to set it all
Remeber do something nice for yourself today!