It’s about 12 degrees out so yeah soup is in order for sure – you asked so here is the recipe I just posted on Instagram. All veggies but you won’t miss the meat I promise.
Cauliflower & White Bean Soup
- 1 head cauliflower core removed and rough chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 med sweet onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery washed sliced / chopped
- 2 carrots washed sliced/ chopped fine
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes ( optional )
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 handfulls spinach fresh cleaned stems removed
- 2 cans great white northern beans or white kidney beans
- 1 box vegetable stock ( mccormick kitchen basics - unsalted)
- Kosher Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese top just before serving
- 1 tbsp butter
- Water add purified water after stock bring to boil than simmer water should be about 2 -3 inches from the top of your pot
Coat stock pot with olive oil and butter - over medium heat - saute onions, celery, carrots until tender ( stirring often so as not to burn ) add your cauliflower. Stir and brown slightly - keeping eye on the pan not to burn - add more oil if needed. Add crushed red pepper flakes. When tender add drained beans and continue to stir. Add 1/2 cup of the veggie stock and continue to cook until veggies tender. Now add the chopped garlic and salt & pepper. Cook low med heat 7-10 minutes than add the rest of the stock and purified water until about 2 -3 inches from top of pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Turn down med. low cover and cook for 20 minutes more. Taste for S&P add as desired. Sometimes I add a veggie or chicken bouillon instead of more salt for flavor. 5 minutes before serving add your spinach - more or less its ups to you.
Serve and top with grated Parmesan - Italian bread or croutons.
You can also top it with cooked toasted quinoa for added protein and some crunch.
This is simple, delicious and good for you. Try it out and comment to let me know how it turns out for you. Like I said you can top with quinoa, croutons and/or serve with crusty bread. All your veggies for the day in one bowl.
Stay warm! Cuddle Up and Be Good To Yourself