YES, LADIES, IT’S OCTOBER YOU MAY FEEL LIKE A ZOMBIE BUT HOW NOT TO LOOK LIKE ONE……..UNLESS IT’S OCTOBER 31ST. This post is about how to put your best face forward most of the time. Fake it until you make it.
- SLEEP WITH YOUR HEAD ELEVATED: Yes you have been told this over and over again but gravity always wins ALWAYS. Train yourself to sleep with head up slightly (feet too) and on your back. No more facedown pancake pillow face. I adore real goose down pillow in soft to gently pump head up while not hurting my neck.
- AVOID LATE NIGHT EATING ESP SALT & ALCOHOL: This goes without out saying – we are not supposed to eat within 2 hours of bedtime for best digestion hence wake up and things get moving literally toxins leave and it all shows on your skin. This can be a hard habit to break – Mike and I love to have snacks sit in our comfy PJ’s and watch the most recent Cold Justice. I now try and have fruit if anything after 8 or better yet sip on hot water with lemon. Leaving room for dessert at least one time a week. A girls gotta live people! As far as alcohol goes we all have heard now that even a glass before bed can wreak havoc on your sleep – yes you get drowsy but not the right kind and your sleep patterns are wonky – so avoid on do only 1 time a week. *Side not a lot of correlation to women’s health and alcohol we just metabolize it differently and even one glass every night as a habit, not such a good thing. Just saying not preach’n XOXO
- ICE IS A NECESSARY EVIL: This won’t be comfortable or by any means pleasant but you will thank me later do this in the morning or before a special night out all before any makeup or skincare. Start with a clean face – splash with water and now take a large mixing bowl or plug your bathroom sink and fill with water 2 inches or so from the top. Add 4-5 cups ice to water – stir around and now plunk your face right in up to your hairline and ears. Hold your breath and count to 5 come up for air and do again holding as long as you can the last time. Gets easier I promise – numbness sets in. Then pat dry and go about skincare makeup routine. *you face will be taunt and products glide on easily.
- BRUSH YOUR BROWS: Now you may or may not do the whole brow routine but a little TLC goes a long way – just brushing and shaping a bit help tons – than just use a neutral brow pencil my favorite is iconic Maybelline in dark brown – triples as eyeliner and lip liner….. trust me! Or go all out on shaping waxes powders JUST DO A LITTLE SOMETHING….
HIGHLIGHTER IF YOUR BFF: This one might seem like a no-brainer, but on a tired, Monday morning, highlighter absolutely is going to be your best friend. Apply some to the inner and outer corners of eyes, down the bridge of your nose, onto your brow bone, and on top of the cheekbones for a radiant, wide-awake look. My goto is RMS living lumizer – xoxo Running close 2nd my new favorite to my makeup bag is Marc Jacobs SPOTLIGHT GLOW STICK #700
- WHITEN YOUR TEETH: What does this have to do with your face and looking good? Almost everything! Even if your smile is not perfect (like mine – roll in MY SMILE DIRECT CLUB – GET INFO AND DISCOUNT ) having white teeth brightens your face – you appear younger and more attractive – Period. Whiten your teeth while getting ready or do it the night before. My Fav. Crest 1hr Express White – Boom These Work!
- SET YOUR ALARM 15 MIN EARLIER AND TO SOFT MUSIC: I hate getting jarred out of bed, running late and starting my day behind. I like to rise gently so set your alarm a few minutes earlier to sweetly nudge your self-awake than set soft play on your phone or sound machine. Maybe even get really extra and have coffee set on timer Good Morning Mr. Coffee with timer only $20bucks at Walmart….. That way when you rise your coffee will be made and you start your day off calm and peaceful. Not a coffee drinker still set your coffee pot just fill with only water maybe tea bags in the pot to steep or just the hot water ready cut your lemon and there you go! So good for your liver to start off the day with hot lemon water – I try but full disclosure not great at it. Work in progress.
- LAY YOUR CLOTHES OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE: This just is smart – saves time and you will not be rushing so you can take a few extra minutes to give your face a little massage while putting on your daily moisturizer. Mini facial lymph massage to move fluids from your face faster. See HERE for quick video – tons to choose from on YouTube and these work wonders. Again giving you a fresh awake depuffed look to face the world.
So look try these things and let me know – its Monday so get yourself ready and set up for the week and let me know how it goes.
FYI – Below you’ll see a few links to some of the products I mentioned if you’re interested.