Ok, Gang another delish dish you can have as a main item or on the side. My Asain Slaw – good anytime – esp during this cleanse. I snack on it all day long. Once you get the base down you can mix it up to your liking.
- 1 lb shredded veggies (your choice of purple and white cabbages, carrots, snow peas, broccoli slaw, Brussel sprouts, etc) anything your heart fancies – roughly 6-7 cups.
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro ( or Italian parsley or mint) chopped
Asian Slaw Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup, agave or honey ( any sweetener you have)
- 1 tablespoon Tamari (or GF alternative like Braggs or Coconut Aminos)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced ( use a garlic press)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes or chili paste ( optional) or sambal is also a great choice for some mild heat
- Toasted sesame seeds
- roasted, crushed peanuts or cashews
- Toss slaw ingredients together in a large bowl. Add cilantro and scallions.
- Whisk Asian Slaw Dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing into slaw and toss well.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and/ or nuts.
- Salad will keep up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
I eat this by itself paired with dinner – esp good with sauteed tofu or poached salmon (BTW that’s on the menu tomorrow poached salmon that is by Chef Mike Tauraso aka my hubby).
If you want to know how to poach salmon comment below…. really very easy…