I hope it was a great week for you all.
Let’s get right to it. I’m gonna share with you some fantastic spa treatments I have found to do at home. It’s great to travel to a spa but sometimes ( hello dumb Covid) that’s not do-able so why not bring the spa home to you! Below are some great products and tips to create your own oasis. Self-love and happiness start at home.
- Epsom Salt bath – depending on tub size you can use 1/2 cup to 1& 1/2 cups per bath – draw bath & get water as hot as you can stand. Let the salt dissolve and sit for 20 min. Help to relieve sore muscles, aches & encourages your lymph system to remove toxins. I keep at least one glass of cold water nearby a washcloth to place over my head (dampen with cool water to keep from overheating).
- Lush terry bathrobe – I have two on hand ( from IKEA or Amazon white easy to bleach). HERE, However, you can get any kind you like and keep nearby.
- Plush oversized White bath towels – self-explanatory. BIG WHITE TOWELS HERE Again always white easy to clean with bleach and creates a sense of clean serene calm environment for me. I take that cue from all the spas I visit.
- Essential oils & diffuser – I adore eucalyptus and will add to the diffuser and to the hot bath water – it encourages me to inhale deeply and I just love the scent – however any scent you find that is pleasing to you will help you relax. You can find them at any health food store and I recently found really good on Amazon! My Amazon Shop scroll down and see the oils
- Light candle as many as you can – white of course and all sizes. Or dim the lights at the very least.
- Depending on my mood I may put my Ipad on with soothing music or watch some episodes of Parks and Rec…… or binge YouTube / Netflix
- Body scrubs – you can buy some great ones ( hello Goop and my girl Gwenethyth) or make your own – sugar olive oil and EVVO – coffee grounds and EVVO with some essential oils (just be careful now for slipping later when ya get out….. believe me sounds like you should know this but I almost took a nosedive after a long hot oil type scrub).
- Dry brushing – I do this before I enter the bath or shower to help improve circulation – slough off dead skin and again get the lymph system moving. I got a fantastic brush and oil from Goop.
- Face masks and not the horrible kind we have been forced to wear. Remove all makeup – place warm (hot as you can stand) washcloth over your face and apply a clay mask to your tea zone than add eye patches while you just soak and relax – 15 min later rinse face with lukewarm than cool water.
- Dry off moisturize ( i am really loving the new Nivea body lotion ) or a nice light scented oil – wrap in that robe.
- Make a cup of mint tea or sleepy time ( depending on the time of day). Just let your body cool off and relax baby – it’s been a long week.
If looking for day spas near DC here are some of my favorites:
Lansdowne Resort & Spa ( this is where I had my first glycolic peel over 10 years ago – close to 15yrs ago).
Maryland Cryotherapy it is new to me and something I am going to do in the next week or so. Stay tuned and I will bring you along – good for your body and they even have a cryo facial (think to depuff lift and tighten) all music to my ears.
I hope you do something nice for yourself this weekend, today, and every day. If you do a “spa at home” tag me on your FB & Insta would love to hear how you like it.