Same great taste just all veggie and you will LOVE IT!
- 1/2 head califlower rough chop
- 4 lg mushrooms sliced chopped
- 1/2 can corn drained ( i love summer crisp)
- 1/2 can black beans depending on your tummy sometimes we do sometimes we dont but adds good color too.
- pinch S&P always kosher salt for cooking just cuz mike said so...... LOL
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning I use old el paso low sodium
- 1/2 cup veggie or chix stock or water As you steam your veggie mixture
- 1/2 can refried beans for your base layer - the glue - i just warm in the microwave - old elpaso is our fav. but whatever brand type you like.
- All your taco fixins. sour cream fresh jalepeno, salsa, lettuce, pickled onion,
rough chop your head of cauliflower depending how big how many people one medium size head is enough for four people. tonight for the two of us enough tacos for tonight plus maybe a little leftover I’m going to use have a head of cauliflower mushrooms and half a can of corn, beans etc.... you will see this will be very filling i promise. Add your four large mushrooms sliced and chopped into the pan half a can of drained summer crisp corn or whatever canned corn you like a little kosher salt black pepper a little garlic powder 1/ 3 - 1/2 of a can of black beans I like the Goya brand and you’re gonna brown it all and kind of sweat them for a little while turn your heat down and cover with a lid so they cook and steam add the stock or water as listed above and your taco seasoning. Simmer for 15 stiring and making sure not sticking to pan. Turn off heat keep coverd until serving.
We use med. size corn tortillas for the shells and heat in cast iron pan a few at a time cover and repeat as needed. ( i eat 3 tacos and usually 2 in the morning) Mike 4-5....
Warm shells, add a smear of refriend beans than Add all your fixin's no right or wrong way all the same things your top meat tacos with sometimes I do sour cream and cheese and sometimes not..... the light sour cream seems so good on them more tangy - maybe just me??????
Now enjoy - add tabasco, or lime whatever and I promise you will be full - not just ofr Tuesday either. Any ol' day of the week.
Eat and enjoy! Lmk if you try it and what you want to see next!